Good grooming and proper hygiene are essential not only for aesthetic purposes. These also require more than just having a shower, styling your hair, and putting on clean work clothes. The modern man knows that creating first impression means more than that. Missing out the smaller details of your bod, such as your nails, may just cause you a lot of embarrassment, so need to make sure that these are also taken care of. Selecting the best manicure kit for men will then be one of the smartest things you can to do to help save yourself of the possible embarrassment that you may experience in any case you may need to have a quick trim of your claws.
You do a lot of things with your hands, and it is one of the parts of the body that others get to see much when you during a face to face interaction. Needless to say, you need to make sure that your nails are kept clean and trimmed to the appropriate length and shape.
Going to a nail salon every time you need have your nails cut is not a practical thing to do. Most men do not actually enjoy doing the same. Having one of the best mens manicure kit will just be a good thing to consider, so you can do your nail trimming whenever you need to without having to spend much on a professional manicure
To ensure that your nails will always be looking healthy, you may need to remember the following tips:
- Find the best manicure kit that contains at least the basic tools that you will need for proper nail care. You will need to get yourself at least the basics of proper nail care like a good nail file, nail buffer and perhaps some cuticle oil which you can usually find in a nail kit. Remember these are very basic products which can be found in any drugstore and you don’t need to spend a fortune on name brands with these products.
A typical manicure set will include the following tools:
- finger nail clippers
- toenail clippers
- small pair of scissors (for trimming nails, nose hair, ear hairs and facial hairs)
- file or emery board (or dolphin nail file) (for trimming the side of the fingernails and toenails)
- cuticle tool
- shaver blades
- small pocket knife
- File down the nails to a proper length with a good-quality nail file. Filing helps trim down nails and remove any bump or ridges that may cause get stuck to cloth fibers, paper, or whatever it is that they can stick on to. However, you will need to file your nails only when it is already about a quarter inch grown from the top of the pink part of your nails. Frequent filing can weaken your claws and cause them to chip off or break easily.
- Be careful when selecting the products that you may want to apply on your hands. As much as possible, opt for products that won’t dry or weaken your nails. Applying alcohol-based products or those that are formulated with other drying agents will make your nails to become brittle and prone to cracking. It is better to opt for products that contain organic ingredients as they will help make your nails, as well as your skin, looking naturally healthy and attractive.
- Nail biting is not only a turn off, but will also affect the appearance of your nails, so if you are in the habit of doing this, you better find a way to put a stop to it.
- Always be gentle with your nails. Do your trimming and other nail care routine when you are not in a rush. That will make it easier for you to give your nails a more appealing shape and look without getting cut or harming your nails and skin.
- Stay hydrated. The secret to keeping your nails looking at its best is proper water intake. Be sure to drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated and your nails looking healthier.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Your overall health will also contribute much as to how your nails will look. Hence, you need to make sure that your body receives an appropriate amount vitamins and minerals that it needs to stay healthy. Have the right amount of sleep and stay away from the things or situations that will create stress on you as this will also affect your overall appearance, including that of your nails.
You have a number of options when it comes to the best manicure kit for men. For some of the best considerations, take a look at these options.